Sunday, August 12, 2012

locally grown and true blue: britt browne



*all images courtesy of www.brittbrowne.com

Sorry for the lack of way more west posts ... I've been moving and as always, packing all my stuff into 7,000 boxes only to unpack the same 7,000 boxes has taken way more time and energy that I expected.

So, after a grueling day of unloading say a library of books, or my beloved's tattoo supplies, I've been stoking the flames of my mind by imagining the garden at my new place. Succulents! Grey Water System! Indigo Plants! Oh yes, Indigo plants.

Inspired by some lovely fauna and foliage I spied at my friend Kristin Dickson's Iko Iko, local L.A. artist Britt Browne is bringing plants plus knowledge to the people with her workshops on growing and harvesting Indigo plants for dye and pigment purposes. Inspired by the Bauhaus philosophy that modern art can be a functional as well aesthetic exercise, Browne is often spotted about town teaching Angeleno's all the how-to's on this prehistoric pigment, in addition to crafting prints for Stampa and crafting her own fine art paintings and pieces.

Next up: Macramé plant holders for all my new blue plants ...

No comments:

Post a Comment