Saturday, October 13, 2012

joy to the world

I am not a focused blogger. The posts in this blog have absolutely no relation to one another, other than they happened to drift through my mind on some day and I decided to write them down. Which is why I guess, you'll find posts on Amiri Baraka or Nudists or Basquiat or the Chelsea Hotel.

That said, I would say I have a bent for digging into the golden age of California, considering that I named my blog after a book by Ed Dorn that reminds of pushing towards the eroded cliffs of PCH and of course, the azure surfaced ocean spotted with kelp's brown slimmered pods. I suppose this blog is my collected field notes.

And as for this post, it has nothing to do with California or pretty much anything else. I just happen to like Jean Patou's ad for his sportswear store, Le Coin des Sports. And the font Patou used is bangin'. For real. Of course, if you can't unearth a piece of vintage Patou, you could always pick up a bottle of his infamous perfume, Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment