Monday, August 22, 2011

sunset junction . . . rip?

Huh.

Well, truth be told, I hate a music festival. I'd rather eat glass than try to listen to 75 bands in the mud, no matter how many wellies and duck boots happen to live in my closet. And, I'm from NY so if I never ever attended another street fair, that would be fine with me.

I do have warm memories of ignoring the duck tape ropes and walking the junction with my girlfriends. Or, getting a call that I'm on some list that enables me to check out the scene without throwing money down (I thought the spirit of the festival was unifying the neighborhood. Should residents have to shell out duckets to see bands that play on their streets? Hmm).

And now, news outlets, such as The Eastsider, are reporting that the city has denied the festival, scheduled for the weekend, the necessary permits to stage the event. That's gotta be a drag. Five days before you're scheduled to play and you find out the whole kit-and-kaboodle's been 86'd. What are high-schoolers and striped haircuts going to do now?

I am moving this weekend so I hope come sunset, I'll be eating quesadillas in my new kitchen and then getting my hug on. Tortillas + shredded Jack, Cheddar, and Mozzarella + Pick-A-Pepper smoky saucy goodness + homemade Broccoli slaw pickles + roasted fresh corn = goodness. Hugging also = goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment